First of all, you do NOT have to be vegan to shop here :) ...although we wish you were vegan, we are not here to convert you. We here to offer you great products that you can feel good about doing good. Our philosophy is "Do No Harm." Our brand, WISH YOU WERE VEGAN, offers sustainable eco-friendly vegan products for every person and home, made without animal products. When you purchase our high quality products you also support environmental non-profit organizations. Each purchase plants one tree!
Our ethically sourced and sustainable garments create opportunities to further reduce the waste and impacts within the apparel supply chain. Using organic cotton has massive reductions in water waste and use, pesticide use, and leads to healthier farming habits and land use.
The types of fashion and products we carry:
- 100% Cotton, Hemp, or rPET
- Organic & Natural Ingredients or Fibers
- Free of Harmful Materials or Ingredients
- Recycled Products
Our Carbon Print
- We print and photocopy on both sides whenever possible.
- We purchase Energy Star qualified electronic products whenever possible.
- We use reusable dishes, silverware, and glasses in place of disposable goods.
- We use power strips and turn off all technology whenever usage isn't needed.
- We subscribe to cloud storage solutions to reduce paper records.
- We encourage email in place of faxes, mailings or printouts.
- We purchase re-manufactured ink and toner cartridges.
- We purchase Post-Consumer Recycled Content (PCR) paper.
- We recycle ink cartridges, toner cartridges, and all other electronic waste using responsible e-waste recycling practices.
- We collect and separate any plastic bottles, cans, or glass collected on site and recycle accordingly.
- We donate products and supplies to local non-profit dog shelters.
WISH YOU WERE VEGAN was created by April McMahon. April was inspired to create WISH YOU WERE VEGAN, a high-quality fashion-forward line of eco-friendly vegan fashion and home products, out of her appreciation for animals and nature.
From Our Founder
Hi, I'm April, founder of WISH YOU WERE VEGAN. We've been given the awesome responsibility to care for our animals and environment. I am a wife, mother, and animal and human rights activist.
- We have eight children (1 by adoption :))
- 3 local pound adopted dogs
- 1 rescue street cat
- 8 rescued sheep
- 4 adopted horses (3 adopted through the SPCA, and 1 kill pen rescue). Three of our rescued horses were former race horses.
- Variety of ducks and chickens
We live on a farm where all of our animals are given a safe home; free from abuse or threat of death. We know we can't save them all, but we can save and care for, as many as we able to, and live a life that reflects peace and kindness.
I am also the author of the children's Dr. Fred book series, which encourages good food choices for early readers.
Four of my children are grown and on their own now, and as young adults I am proud to see them embrace the values they grew up with. Each of them has chosen professions of caregiving.
My oldest daughter, Mikaella, is an international midwife. Her desire is to show women and children that they are valued and respected. She is also an artist and raises money through her paintings to continue her work in other countries. Contact us if you are interested in purchasing a painting to support her next mission!
My other two daughters, Janessa and Aliya, care for those in Memory Care. They work with elderly, giving them dignity and respect in a difficult season of their lives. Janessa is finishing her degree at the University of Texas in Teaching. Aliya is now married, also cares for those with severe TBI, and just completed her Associates degree. She is planning on going into Nursing.
My oldest son, Brendan, is a certified Behavior Therapist. His goal is to receive his Master's degree in Special Education. Currently, he works with all ages on the the Autism Spectrum. He works with autistic children and adults, as well as those severely disabled.
My husband, Brennan, and our other four children work hard on the farm taking care of the land and animals. I am so thankful to have such a supportive family! Often they are even up before I am, already feeding the animals.
My decision came out of one for health and the disgust over the mistreatment of animals in the large commercial industry. Each person is entitled to their own opinion and beliefs on the topic and I don't pass any judgement on those without this view. I am the lone-vegan in my family, which why I chose to name our company and brand, "Wish you were vegan." I know the freedom I have, but choose to live a life that doesn't promote harm.
I believe that together we can make a global impact through showing kindness and living peaceably with all people, animals and our environment. A life that lives out love.
"You can tell a lot about a person by the way they treat an animal."
Good people are kind to their animals. Proverbs 12:10